Devin and Owen

Devin and Owen

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

National Cancer Survivors Day

So yesterday was #nationalcancersurvivors day which should be a reason to celebrate in the eyes of most people, but for me today it is just strange. Strange because it’s a time to be happy that I survived. Also strange because I’m mad that I had to. I’m coming up on six years since my diagnosis, and some days I am thriving, living limitless and carefree. Other days I am exhausted and in pain, a shell of my former self. But most often, I am a strange blend of the two, constantly trying to find a balance between what I can do and what I want to do without pushing myself over the edge. We may survive, but the scars of the journey never leave us. #devinstrong #surviveandthrive #realitycheck
 
 

 

1 comment: